Sometimes it can be very difficult to decide what gear to use. Especially if you have a lot. Beyond the brand name, it depends on many factors. Sometimes the weight (or bulk) alone is the deciding factor. Sometimes a small camera will not be noticed.
I am currently using the digital Leica M8 and M8.2. As a backup, I use my trusty M6ttl. For lenses, I mix and match between the Voightlander Heliar 15mm f/4.5, Carl Zeiss 21mm f/2.8, Carl Zeiss 28mm f/2.8, Voightlander Ultron 28mm f/2, Leica Summicron 35mm f/2, Leica Summicron 50mm f/2, Leica Noctilux 50mm f/1, Leica Summilux 75mm f/1.4 and the Leica Summicron 90mm f/2.
I mainly use the Zeiss 21mm, Summicron 35mm, and the Summilux 75mm.
I also use a Nikon D700 with AFS 14-24 f/2.8 zoom, AFS 24-70mm f/2.8 zoom, AF 80-200mm f/2.8 zoom, AF 85mm f/1.4, AF 135mm f/2 and AFS 300mm f/4 lenses.
Gitzo G1227 Mark 2 tripod and two Gitzo ballheads. Currently testing KangRinpoche ballhead with L plate for D700.
- MacBook, 4 gigs ram, 250 gig hd with Aperture 2 and Parallel software.
- Sony Vaio, model VGN-SZ27SP 2 gigs ram, 120 gig hd with Photoshop CS3.
- Three 500 gig Maxtor portable harddrives and two Freecom 320 gig portable harddrives.
- Huey Pro color calibration device and software (adjust your laptop to the correct color for processing).
Cases, backpacks, camera bags:
- Currently using a Think Tank Streetwalker and Think Tank Rotation 360 with various utility bags.
- Also using a small Billingham Hadley bag.
- Two Pelican hardshell cases are used for transporting lots of equipment as a carryon. My large case is for storage of equipment at home.